July 26, 2010

The eBay Life "Score of the Day" is a pair of Ferragamo men's shoes purchased for ??? and sold for ???? in under 60 seconds!

Today's "score" is just a quick story from a few years back. One day I was at a yard sale just before the 4th of July and noticed that there was a pair of Ferragamo men's shoes thrown in the grass. "Yes," I thought to myself. "Incredible!" (Ferragamo men's shoes are not to be passed up - ever. I have purchased stained Ferragamos for $25 and sold them for $80)

So I saw these amazing Ferragamo men's shoes thrown in the grass. I snatched them up and asked how much they were. The lady was being unreasonable and demanded that I pay.....$1!!!!! That's right. $1. I was very excited!

The next day was the 4th of July. I was home alone. Niko had gone fishing. I listed the shoes at $90. I wanted to make sure that they had been listed properly, so I tried to find them in my "active" listings. I couldn't find them.

I couldn't find them because they had already sold!!! YES! The Ferragamos I had purchased for $1 sold for $90 in under 60 seconds. Unbelievable! Usually it takes way longer than a minute for an item to go live, so I was VERY surprised!

Lesson to be learned? Do not pass up Ferragamos - men's or women's.

Gotta get back to listing. Have a great evening!


Don't forget: If you need shoes in hard-to-find sizes or just love name brands, check out bluefrogshoes.com!


3 comments:

  1. There has to be a song here... "Ferragamos... tossed aside in the grass..."!

    Great story. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Your blog is always an enjoyable read! I am very impressed with your vision and insight. visit site

    ReplyDelete