October 20, 2009

Bartering and Halloween

Halloween is in the air. College towns are perfect places to sell costumes on Craigslist and eBay. Students love having Halloween parties. They spend weeks planning their costumes.

I purchased a letterman's jacket for next to nothing at a yard sale, and I thought that someone might want to wear it for Halloween. I posted it on Craigslist and immediately got a response.

Sure enough, the guy who called me was interested in wearing it for Halloween. He didn't want to pay me, however. He wanted to barter.

"What do you have?" I asked him explaining that I sold on eBay. We agreed that he would bring two beer taps and a piece of beer memorabilia, and I would give him the jacket. Very nice jacket, I must say. Probably cost the original owner a fortune.

Next, I need to get rid of a new Lucille Ball outfit I recently purchased at a yard sale. I decided to stay home and pass out candy instead of being wild and crazy. Halloween is less than two weeks away......

M @ Bluefrogshoes.com - Hard-to-find sizes and brand names.

1 comment:

  1. You are always a wealth of information and kind for sharing.
    I love your blog, I love if you publish the blogs often.eBay contact telefoonnummer

    ReplyDelete